FINALLY. Here is what I have been doing with my free time.
No, this is not every juice I have made, but it is a sampling of some of my favorite ones. The beautiful dark red beet juice didn’t make it up yet because we had to drink it and run but I promise it will be up as soon as I buy beets again.
Until then! Here are some of the benefits of the foods I chose and why I chose them. Please note that some of the pictures of food actually yielded more juice than the one glass in the photo next to it. I usually make enough for my partner and I but he usually drinks his up too quick for me to get a photo.
- Oranges, lemons, limes: antioxidant, vitamin C, other anti-cancer benefits.
- Ginger: anti-inflammatory, circulatory stimulant, anti-nausea and about a million other awesome things.
- Apple: tonic, detoxifying, laxative, liver stimulant.
- Pears protect your colon!
- Banana: boost immunity, awesome source of potassium.
- Berries in general (blue, black, rasp): antioxidants, immunity boosters, potassium and niacin.
- Carrots are another big hitter: cleanses the liver and digestive system, antioxidants, lower blood cholesterol levels, a billion vitamins.
- Celery is a good detoxifyer and lends a nice mild sweetness to juice.
- Leafy Greens (spinach, kale, bok choy): folic acid, iron, potassium, vitamin C, and chlorophyll.
- Kiwis: great for digestion, more antioxidants.
- Grapes are handy for maintaining estrogen and heart health.
- Pineapple: aids digestion and tastes amazing.
- Avocado (not pictured): seriously, so much. Highest source of protein found in any fruit, make your juice taste like creamy heaven, includes vitamins A, C, E, and all of B (except B12), iron, zinc, etc.
- Beets are super cleansing laxatives. Whoo boy.
- Tomatoes (not pictured): lycopene and serotonin!
Please remember that I am just a novice but I would be glad to answer any questions or take advice from experienced juicers. Until next time, juice on!